RigUp Bid Templates are a great way to ensure that you are equipped with all the necessary tools to make the best pricing decision for your company. This article will guide you through creating and adding bid templates to an RFQ for optimal results.
The Benefits of RigUp Bid Templates
- Guaranteed normalized “apples to apples” pricing to save you time
- Detailed comparison for line item analysis
- Data export and print functionality
Managing Bid Templates
Select More on your navigation bar and click Bid Templates.
Search by template name or view only your personal bid templates.
Click on a template to see a preview. RigUp petroleum engineers have crafted templates that can be used as is or customized to fit your needs. You will be able to edit RigUp-created templates in the RFQ creation process.
Create Your Own Bid Template
Select Create Template to name your template, add a description and select the relevant services it applies to.
These templates will be displayed during the RFQ creation process and are based on the product category you choose.
Line items on a bid template are divided into sections. You can add, edit and delete sections for your template.
- Customize the title of a section using the pencil icon
- Delete the section using the trash can icon
- Or, add a new section
For each line item, you can customize the name, additional notes for vendors, unit and quantity. You must specify a unit (or it will already be set for you). Supplying a quantity is optional, depending on your request needs.
- Start by typing the line item name in the title box. An autocomplete function will help you pick the correct item. If the item you are looking for doesn't exist, select "Create New Item" to get it added.
- Add notes for vendors to provide more details or specifications.
- Select a unit for the line item.
- Specify a quantity if you wish. If you do not specify a quantity, vendors will be able to input this number.
Adding a Bid Template in the RFQ Creation Process
While building a bid request, you will have the option to select a bid template for that RFQ. Select a pre-made template or start from scratch with a Blank Template. Click on the desired template ‘card’ and click Select Template.
Once selected, customize the template to your specific job request. Refer to the "Create Your Own Bid Template" section above for assistance with customizing a template.
Need to come back and finish the request later?
Both the template builder and request creation page will auto save, and the the Last Saved time will always be visible at the bottom.
If you have any questions about using a bid template, please contact our support team at email@example.com